Friday, May 16, 2014

21 Weeks

    At my doctor appointment Monday, I had my 20 week anatomy scan (read more about it here)! At my appointment, they officially moved my due date from September 27th to the 25th! OMG, a whole TWO DAYS sooner!!! LOL. I know, it's not a big deal; Baby Pace will come just as soon as he's ready, whether it's September 25th or August 25th or October 5th! But still, I feel like that whole 2 days matters, and I was thrilled to be at 21 weeks yesterday!
    Unashamedly, my work pants have gotten too uncomfortable, especially when I sit down. My favorite pair are from New York and Company, and they sit really high, like above my natural waist, so they're just too snug for me now with this growing belly. Because of this, I've been wearing yoga pants (with a decent top or school t-shirt) and a cardigan to work every day this week. Yesterday, one of my students said to me "Ms. Pace, those yoga pants ain't hiding anything no more. Just stop." I couldn't help but laugh. This is the same student who told me that pregnancy is making me look beautiful just last week! But as you can see in the pictures below, he's totally right. There's no disguising that there's a little baby in there! You can especially tell by the way I walk sometimes, and much of it has to do with the terrible lower back pain I'm experiencing. My husband told me a few weeks ago that I'm beginning to "waddle." I can't help it! I just reminded him, very sweetly of course, that I'm aware that my body is doing some funny stuff lately, and I appreciate the humor he gets out of watching me undergo these changes as I bring his son into the world. He has been very kind since then :)


 
 
 
Baby Vaught is now about the size of banana or large carrot! On Monday, he measured in at 14 ounces--almost a pound!!
 
Movement: After feeling his first kicks and punches on Mother's Day, I've felt them at different times every day since then. He is especially active after lunch and at bedtime. For a few days, I think he was all over my bladder, but he seems to be moving up a little now!
 
Weight Gain: So far, according to the scale at my doctor's office, I've gained a total of 10.5 pounds. My goal gain was 15 through the very end. Am I going to surpass that? Probably, but hopefully not by much. Granted, I have not gone to the gym in over a week. My lower back has been killing me, which leads to...
 
How I'm Feeling: Awesome, aside from the lower back pain. So, basically, like crap sometimes. I have a bad back (misaligned pelvis and spine) from a gymnastics injury in 6th grade. It began bothering me terribly last summer; a new x-ray showed that my pelvis and spine had shifted 4mm. Doesn't seem like much, but when your body is designed to be aligned a certain way, it changes everything. So that, on top of the stretching and rearranging muscles and ligaments are doing in there, doesn't help much. I still go to the chiropractor but not routinely. My insurance doesn't seem to want to cover very much of my chiropractor visits :( I'm just praying it gets a little better with stretching and moderate exercise. Some nights aren't so bad and then some I can barely move, and when I do I moan and groan like an old lady. However, like I was telling my husband last night, the back pain will be totally worth it. If this is what I have to endure in order bring this sweet baby in the world, so be it!

My heat pack is my new best friend. Anabelle is pretty great too!
 
Food: I still crave cereal, especially Rice Crispies, and especially at night time. I usually eat a bowl every night. I'm not craving much else, and I rarely finish my dinners. I get full pretty quickly! Getting miserably full when pregnant, something we shouldn't do anyway but especially during pregnancy, is one of the most uncomfortable feelings ever! I figured that out a little while back and have made a point to avoid it ever since! Regardless of how yummy the food looks, when my brain tells me I'm full I make sure to STOP!
 
Up Ahead: School is almost out, and I am working at my mother's office all summer. My first day back is May 28th! I LOVE my job there; I look forward to it every year. Not just because I'm working with my mom, but because I've learned all about this business and how it works, and the things I get to do are really neat, like visiting attorney's offices and the courthouse records department. It's a cool gig, and I hope to work full time this summer. My July graduate class was cancelled due to low enrollment, so it looks like I will not take any more graduate classes until next Spring, which is fine because I will be super busy this fall with a little one!
 
 
I'm looking forward to a fun, relaxing weekend; this is the only one in May where I am not hosting or attending a wedding or some type of wedding event! My cousin and I are going to the arts and crafts fair in Hernando tomorrow; maybe I can find some nursery decor for Vaught's room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment