Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

Happy HUMP Day, lovelies! I'm bringing you a recipe I grabbed partially from a Keto group I'm in on Facebook, partially from Pinterest. When I first saw the recipe posted in one of my keto groups, the comments beneath the girl's post ranged from "OMG U SAVED MY LIFE WITH THIS" to "sorry but this is not a keto recipe."

After browsing similar, simple peanut butter cookie recipes on Pinterest (and of course doing a little bit of research), I decided that I would not refer to these cookies as a "keto-friendly recipe." There are all sort of debates over peanut butter and artificial sweeteners (very few in both food categories are scientifically keto-approved). These cookies are, however, low in carbs--I would say about 60% lower in carb count than the average cookie.

Did I mention that they're only THREE ingredients?! I think that's what excited me the most! I baked these last night when I was craving something sweet and just one cookie not only fit my macro count for the day, but it truly hit the spot! Recipe is posted below!!

Recipe yields 10-12 cookies
Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1/4 Cup Truvia. This could easily be 1/4-1/2 C depending on what kind of sweetener you're using. Truvia is really sweet, so 1/4 was plenty!
1 Cup natural peanut butter


Directions:
Using a mixer, mix all of your ingredients together until well-blended. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are browned.
Let them cool for about 5 minutes before eating!


Within an hour, half the plate was gone. I had one, and then Eric and Vaught devoured these babies. They really are amazing!!!

Nutrition:
Based on the ingredients I personally used, these are the macros for each cookie in a 12-cookie batch.

Each cookie yields:
131 calories
9.4 grams carbs
11 grams fat
5.7 grams protein
These are the calories and macros for the ENTIRE batch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment