Saturday, October 7, 2017

90 Second Bread

I don't miss sweets. I don't miss chocolate or ice cream. I don't miss late-night binges that always left me feeling shameful and gross.

One thing I do miss? BREEEEEAAAAAADDDDDD. I miss it like I miss Vaught when I go more than a day without snuggling him. I miss going into my kitchen and whipping up a turkey and cheese or PB + J sandwich! Although I know that bread is full of sugar and carbs that have no true health benefits to my body, I have to admit that it's the one thing that's hard to go without.

That's why I was SO excited to have discovered cloud bread, which really hits the spot, especially for breakfast sandwiches.

And then... there was 90 second bread... And if you crave that crunch from toasted bread, you're going to love this!!! It is much quicker and easier than cloud bread; you can literally make it in under 5 minutes total!

I was blown away at how delicious it is and for only 3.5 grams of carbs?! Yes, please!



Ingredients:

3 tablespoons almond flour
1 large egg
1.5 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

Mix together and microwave for 90 seconds.

Yes, that's seriously (almost) it.

I have seen similar 90 second bread recipes circulate that included adding another step, toasting or frying the bread in a pan. After tasting the bread right out of the microwave, I think this final step is crucial; it adds even more flavor to the bread and you get that crunch like it's toasted!

So cut your loaf in half and toast/fry for about a minute on each side in a frying pan.

My next lunch idea using these bad boys is 90 second grilled cheese! I can't wait to see how that turns out!

Nutrition:
3.5 grams carbs
21 grams fat
9 grams protein
242 calories total
Yields ONE serving

No comments:

Post a Comment