Friday, October 6, 2017

Keto Chocolate Mousse

As most of you probably know, I have jumped back into my ketogenic lifestyle in the past few weeks. I used to, and sometimes still do, consider myself cyclically keto, maintaining my diet for several days at a time then eating more carbs for a couple of days. However, in my past experiences with ketosis, I was prone to letting that get a little out of hand and eventually falling completely off the wagon. The good thing about this lifestyle is that even when I do put a few pounds back on, as soon as I revert back to healthy, low-carb eating, I lose the weight (plus some) rather quickly. I honestly can't deny how much better I feel when my body is in ketosis!

I first learned about keto in early 2016 from my friend Britton, who has implemented the lifestyle for a few years now. I got to it right away, cutting out all processed foods, simple carbs, and sugars, and I immediately lost more than 10 pounds. Since then, I have had my rounds with the keto diet, getting really serious about it again in January of this year, falling a little off the wagon around May.

Unlike 2016 however, I didn't let myself gain all the weight back plus more. I reverted back to eating more carbs, but I still kept an eye on my weight and logged my calories and macronutrients in MyFitnessPal. I did gain a few pounds back in August-September, but those babies are now gone!

When my company announced our new product, Keto Coffee, in late September, I got so excited about getting my body back in ketosis! I was blown away at how many of my ItWorks friends were not familiar with ketosis, and I was seriously so pumped up that I already knew all about it! I got to work right away and, as usual, I loved how easily and quickly my body adapted to going back to the low-carb way of life (25-35 grams per day).

Since then, I have fallen in love with Pinterest all over again! When I'm not working my business, I am pinning healthy, wholesome recipes and snack ideas that are low-carb and/or keto-friendly.

I still have days now and then when I'm consuming a few more carbs than my regular ketogenic allotment, but keep in mind that I'm doing really strenuous workouts a few times a week too!

I discovered a keto-friendly chocolate mousse recipe a few nights ago, so that's what I'm sharing with you guys today! I adapted it to fit my needs and diet, so I'm listing the recipe that I personally used (you may prefer a different brand or type of butter or sweetener, for example!)

You're seriously going to LOVE the taste as much as you love how easy it is to whip up! Keep reading for ingredients and instructions!



Keto Chocolate Mousse (makes 3 servings)

Ingredients:
2 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces butter (I will always stick by my original I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cacoa powder
1 tablespoon Truvia (or preferred sweetener)
3 ounces heavy whipping cream (this is just slightly more than 1/3 cup!)



Directions:
Melt the butter (about 15-20 seconds in the microwave) and stir in your sweetener.
Soften your cream cheese and stir it into your butter and sweetener.
Add your tablespoon of cacoa powder and use a blender to mix well.
Add in your heavy whipping cream and continue to blend for 20-30 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Divide into 3 glasses and refrigerate for 30 minutes before eating.

Enjoy!!

Nutrition (Per Serving):
4.3 grams carbs
21.5 grams fat
0.7 grams protein
217 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment