Thursday, May 5, 2016

Over It.

I strongly believe God has a sense of humor.

Actually, I'm certain of it. I imagine Him shaking his giant, all-knowing head as He tries to hold in a laugh when we're being basic humans and screwing up, when we're freaking out over small things, and when we just don't seem to be "getting it."

Lately, I can hear His words to me loud and clear. They wouldn't be more evident if He sent them via paper airplane and hit me in the face or had them plastered on a billboard on the side of the highway.

"Kate, you need to get over it."

Stop whining, stop worrying, and stop stressing yourself out over things outside of your control.

Also, stop inviting people to be a part of your drama. This doesn't help them, and it certainly doesn't help you. Vent it out when you need to. Call someone you trust and get it out.

What should you do after that? Buck up and move on.

Get. Over it.

I can't believe the naivety that consumed me when I was younger. Currently, I'm waiting to take my last final as a graduate student this semester, and I remember when I thought finals week at Ole Miss was the absolute number one most stressful week of my life. I would call my mother in tears, telling her I just couldn't handle the stress.

LOL.

I've been through so much in the past year, in 2016 alone. I recently had to face a really tough situation, and I thought it was the kicker.

This is it, I thought. This will kill me. This is my demise. I'm not going to make it out of this.

But I made it. I cried, I was angry, I vented, and I made it through. Sometimes I still get upset about it, and I know it's okay for me to feel that anger sometimes, but I can also feel God telling me it's all going to be okay.

Getting over it is hard, but it's not really as hard as hanging on to whatever is hurting you. Cry about it, rant about it, pray about it, and let it go.

A hard drink wouldn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment