Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Working from Home

I really don't like to call myself a stay-at-home-mom. It bothers me even more when anyone refers to my job as "being a mom." Being a mother is my responsibility--not my job. But for the past couple of months, I've stayed home to take care of Vaught and yes, I am working from home and making actual money.

If you come here often, and I hope that you do, then you know that in December, I became a distributor for ItWorks! Global. I was a customer with the company for eight months before finally taking the leap. I knew I didn't want to continue teaching; I want to say that I knew, even then, that I probably wouldn't be able to finish the year.

I never saw myself getting into the network marketing business, but let's be honest: it was the only thing that was going to get me out of teaching the quickest. I had friends who were distributors for ItWorks, and I saw their success. There was this girl, Chelsie, and I knew that in less than two years as a distributor, she'd made this company her full time job. I decided that if I was going to be another girl on Facebook selling something, it had to be ItWorks. I had a story, a testimony with the company.

I'd told myself several times last summer that I could probably sign up to do this. I'd even thought that if I could just pull in an extra couple hundred dollars each month, it would be worth it, but I kept coming up with reasons to say no, excuses not to sign up.

Reaching my breaking point as a teacher in December was the final straw though. I signed up on December 29th, and my business immediately took off.

So now I'm at home every day, and I'm loving it. I love having a job I can work from anywhere, at any time. I'm not glued to my phone while playing with Vaught; I schedule a lot of my social media posts using the app HootSuite, and I'm messaging loyal customers, potential team members, and my team in between play time and nap time. And I typically stay up a couple of hours after my guys are asleep to work.
I love that I'm not missing these precious moments with Vaught. I do plan on taking him to mother's day out one day a week starting in June, but it's pretty amazing to think that I may very well be done with corporate America, at least until I finish my Master's degree in December (hopefully, dear Lord).

If you're looking for something that might allow you this same opportunity, you should seriously contact me! I absolutely love ItWorks; I'm a proud wrap girl because I've seen what this company can do for my family. It can do that for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment