Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Things That Have Changed with Weight Loss

Guys, I wrote this back in the fall and never published it! I can't believe I'm just now finding it; I added a bit and hope you enjoy reading this piece! Love you all! xoxo

1. Cankles
LOL. I never really had actual cankles, but my ankles are slimmer now... My legs are thinner in general, and it's nice to see more definition between my calves and my feet.
Hi, ankles!
 
2. New shoe size 
I've gone from a size 10 shoe to a 9 or 9.5. I didn't really think it was possible to lose weight in your feet, but I guess I have.  Most of my size 10 shoes are too big on me now. It's a good excuse to go buy more shoes :)

3. Boutique stores are in my comfort zone 
I used to avoid them like the plague. I'd go to all those cutesy stores with my friends and feel so out of place because I knew hardly anything would fit. Now, I walk in with confidence and can shop without breaking out in hives. Does that mean every size large fits? Absolutely not. But it means that I can try pretty much anything on and it will actually fit over my body. One of my greatest accomplishments happened at Stella Ivy recently; I tried on a size XL top by the Umgee brand and was surprised at how well it seemed to fit. The lady working brought me the size L in the same color and style and told me to try it, and I was thrilled to find out that it fit even better than the XL. It's been such a refreshing change to go into stores like that and be able to shop!
 
4. Higher metabolism 
If you're ever frustrated with your metabolism while on your fitness journey, my advice for you is to just hang in there. I had totally accepted that my metabolism would suck forever, but in the last couple months I've seen an enormous change. I'm eating more than I have in a while, and my weight has stayed in the same range (203 at my lowest, 212 at my highest in the last few months). I also have to include here that I've not been eating as healthily as I was a couple months ago, which tells me that with a few clean changes in my diet I can easily break 100.


5. The need to binge.
I can't tell you exactly where "that out of control, I've got to eat more" feeling always came from... I once tried journaling my thoughts before and after a binge, but it was difficult keeping up with all of those emotions at once. I'd scribble words like "happy" or "depressed" or "lazy" or "fat" on a notepad then reflect back on those notes later on and not understand how/why I felt that way why it came with the urge to eat until I wanted to vomit. I am happy to say that I've not had a binge-eating session in a while. Keep in mind that over-indulging and full out binging are totally different. I have definitely over-indulged a few times!

6. Lightweight status is real.
I've always been a lightweight when drinking, and I'm even more so now. The good thing is that I'm a cheap drunk :)

 
7. I feel like I belong...
This one may seem kind of weird, but being heavier than most of my friends often made me feel like the odd one out. I sometimes felt unpretty and was ashamed that I couldn't wear the same clothes they were. I couldn't trade shirts with someone or raid a friend's closet. I still can't do that, not with all of them, but there's definitely a change in my confidence when I'm hanging out with my girlfriends. I'm loud and fun and funny, and people enjoy being around me. I truly enjoy being out and around others too because I finally feel good about myself. I feel like I belong.


 

8. I'm happier.
There's something to be said for the girl who changes her lifestyle for the better and ends up happier and healthier she's ever been. I'm not where I want to be, but I understand that leaving healthfully never truly stops. I'll always be a work in progress, and I'm 100% okay with that!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment