Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Tax-Free Back-to-School Finds!


Last Friday, my best friend Jaymo and I went to Tupelo for a little back-to-school shopping (well, for me at least) during Mississippi's tax-free weekend. Not only was I happy to be getting some new clothes for work, as a lot of what I have is now too big, but I was excited to get to spend an entire day with my best friend!

Jaymo (Jessica) moved to my school her tenth grade year. I was a junior and was still pretty new there as well. One day, she sat down next to me at lunch, and I remember giving her this weird look. We didn't have assigned seats, but everyone had their own "unofficial seat," and this definitely wasn't hers. Then I noticed she was carrying an authentic Coach handbag. "I like your Coach purse," I told her, and the rest is history! You can read more about her here and here.

We got to Tupelo around eleven and had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse, where we talked about everything from our husbands and families to my new students and her new job at Lebonheur Children's Hospital... plus a little more. I love how I can tell her literally anything with no judgment. She tells it like it is, and I'm happy to have a fellow Christian sister I can confide in.
snapchat: kcpace12


After lunch, we hit Old Navy, one of the best places I find work-appropriate tops! I went a few years without even glancing at an Old Navy store after it seemed like their quality and selection dipped so low, but ever since being pregnant and living in their maternity clothes, they've really stepped it up! I find everything from comfy, basic tops to cute blouses.

I actually found lots of great things at Old Navy Friday, but I had a budget I wanted to stick to and a few more stores we were visiting, so I just bought these two great tops--perfect to throw on with a sweater in the fall. They're also plenty long, so they'll be great with my leggings!
When these go on sale, I am going back for more!

I love this green! Can't wait to wear it with some gold jewelry.
After Old Navy, we went to Kohl's, where I headed straight to Jennifer Lopez's section. Several weeks ago, I bought these great capri-length leggings from her line at Kohl's. They're perfect for school because they are structured leggings instead of knit or cotton ones. Sure enough, there was a huge selection! I got a pair of in black and navy. The navy ones closely resemble jeggings.

 
Then I found this cute top by Lauren Conrad. There were only two left, and one was my size. I took it as a sign :)
 
After Kohl's, we went to the mall. Jaymo had an errand to run in American Eagle, and I was wanting to go to Belk. We stopped by Victoria's Secret first, where I used my free pair of panty coupon and a $10 off a bra coupon. Did I mention I've shrunk in that department? I once wore a 40DD then a 40D... Now, I am a 38C :)

The mall was so crowded! After weaving our way out of American Eagle, we realized we were running out of time, so we decided to just get coffee and head home. Coincidentally, Payless Shoes is located right across from Barnes & Noble; two pair of work shoes were on my list! I got these brown flats for $16, and these cute wedges for only $10!!


 
Overall, it was a successful day, even though I didn't get much! I did, however, get almost everything on my list and managed to stay under my $150 budget! This coming weekend is tax-free in Tennessee, so I may just have to go see about deals in Collierville too!
 

Did you shop during Mississippi's tax-free weekend?
Where are some of your favorite places to find great deals?

3 comments:

  1. TAX FREE!!!! That is the BEST thing ever! Charleston has high taxes on top of taxing EVERYTHING! In PA they did not tax certain things so when I move to SC I had to change up my budget to make up for all those taxes!!! Looks like you took full advantage and found great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing?! I wish it would come twice a year!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's quite a haul! I can't wait to get out to do some shopping this evening. Our tax free weekend starts today!

    ReplyDelete