Monday, August 3, 2015

She's feeling 55...

My mom's birthday isn't until tomorrow, August 4th, but we celebrated her birthday yesterday as well as Saturday night.

My dad gave Eric a brand new set of tires from his semi-new truck (he replaced the factory tires with bigger ones), so we drove to Potts Camp Saturday afternoon to pick them up. Our plans were to visit with my parents for a little while then come back to Olive Branch for dinner. When you have a baby and are visiting your parents though, plans can very easily change! My mom and dad suggested we come with them to Coffey's Fish & Steakhouse, a hole-in-the-wall but fantastic steakhouse located on Highway 30 between New Albany and Oxford.

We pulled up and saw that my Grandmother and Aunt Wanda were already there eating. They moved to our table and visited with us while we ate. Then in walked some more of our family, including Vaught's little cousin Kenton. She's several weeks older than he is; we're going to her birthday party next Saturday!






We all had a great time visiting and eating. I could tell my sweet parents were just happy to have us there. Vaught slept the whole way home. Being adorable is so hard.

I got up yesterday morning at 6:15 and went to the gym for a workout. I've been feeling really lean and strong for the past several days, so I was a little bummed when I realized that "mother nature" had come to visit. I didn't let that bother me though, and I still had a great workout. I did 30 minutes of cardio, and the rest is abs, planks, and push-ups. I am really working on building some upper body strength!

We left for Potts Camp around 10 and went to church at my church home with my parents.
snapchat: kcpace12

I'm still a member there, and I absolutely love it, but Eric and I are committed to finding a church home here in Olive Branch. Say a prayer that we find a welcoming, loving church family a little closer to our home!


Mom wanted steaks for her birthday lunch, so Eric grilled for us after church. My sister Lauren made her famous buffalo-ranch-chicken dip, and let me just tell you that this stuff is addictive! It's very similar to the Rebel Dip I made last year.


After lunch, we put candles on mom's coconut birthday cake (her favorite) and sang "Happy Birthday." She loved every minute! My sister and I cleaned up the kitchen for her while she napped with Vaught.



We headed back to OB around four, and Vaught and I changed clothes and backtracked to Byhalia to do a few last-minute things in my classroom. I return to work tomorrow (kids come on Thursday), and I'm excited but nervous! I'm praying for happy, successful year!

I'm so glad we had such a pleasant weekend! What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment