Sunday, August 16, 2015

Lesson Planning Fuel: Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie

Happy Sunday from my kitchen table to yours!

After a two hour afternoon nap, courtesy of my sweet husband who entertained Vaught while I slept, I am typing away, dreaming up some great lesson plans for my sixth grade classroom next week. Up until this afternoon, I've been really stressed about it. I hate making lesson plans. I despise the entire process, despite how vital it is to a well-managed classroom.

After a nap though, I'm feeling much better! Lesson planning is definitely time-consuming and a bit stressful, so taking a break was just what I needed. When I woke up, I was starving! We had a big lunch at mom and dad's house earlier, so I didn't really want food food. I noticed two very ripe bananas on my counter and decided to blend a smoothie!

For this smoothie:
1 cup ice
1 sliced banana
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 scoop Cinnamon Swirl Cellucor Whey (I've really got to invest in other flavors, but cinnamon swirl is sooooo good)!
1/2 cup whole milk

I'm not buying any milk except for whole milk for a while. Vaught has transitioned to whole milk, which is what his doctor recommended for his growing, developing tummy. Once he's got milk 100% in the bag, I can begin buying other versions and flavors (skim and almond), but for now we're sticking with whole. Did I mention that he loves it?!

In between brain breaks, I'm working on some cool things for the blog this week! Come back tomorrow for a weekend recap!

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment