Sunday, November 23, 2014

Christmas Wish List

I feel a little vain writing this post, as I have never in my life made a Christmas list. On top of being taught that it's selfish to make a list of things you want for Christmas when there are millions of children and people who don't get anything, I am super easy to buy for, so even if our parents had wanted us to make Christmas lists, there would never be a reason for me to do so. As an adult and now a mother, I want to stay true to this virtue, and Eric and I agree that we'll raise Vaught the same way and teach him to just be thankful for each gift he receives for Christmas and his birthday.

Buuuuuuuuut....

I'm human and of course there are things I would love to have for Christmas! Unlike a lot of other people though, there's no way I could come up with a list of dozens of items. For me, it's just a few! If I weren't a grownup with bills to pay and a family to help support, this would be my perfect (slightly selfish, very expensive) Christmas wish list!

1. Nike Free 4.0 $99

I absolutely love these running shoes! They're great for weight training as well, though my husband swears on his Chucks! I can't get enough of this grey and robin's egg blue combo! These may very well be my actual Christmas gift from Eric; we're both in need of a new pair of tennis shoes and decided that that could be our gift to each other this year.

2. Patagonia Half-Zip Pullover $99

 
I'm a sucker for sweatshirts and pullovers, and I've been eyeing one of these for a few years. I'd like one in a neutral color like grey or navy.

3. Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria Bra $44-$50


 
This is my personal favorite and hands-down BEST bra by Victoria's Secret has! I have one in every common color and a few with cute designs on them. But if you read my 8 week postpartum update, then you know that all my bras are now too big. I need some new ones pretty soon!!

4. Nike Gym Bag (with allllll the goods)! $200+

 

A little over a year ago we were eating at Buffalo Wild Wings when some a-hole broke into my car by busting out one of the back windows. He or she stole everything on my backseat, including my The North Face backpack and my gym bag (with my brand new Asics inside) of all things! He even took my dog's leash! Anyway, I would love to have a new gym bag stuffed with all the essentials I need when I go to the gym. I don't shower at the gym now that I'm at a commercial place a mile away instead of a huge club, but it'd still be nice to have all these goodies just in case.

5. Dooney & Bourke Florentine Stanwich Satchel $368


Ahhhh... Hello, lover! I actually have this exact bag; it was a Christmas gift from Eric last year (hats off to him--he could not have done any better!!!!!!!!!) I immediately fell in love with it (you wanna talk about being vain and selfish?!) I had never seen a bag so beautiful or so me. I'm not a huge label fan--I don't want the designer's name plastered everywhere, which is so tacky (no Michael Kors for me). But this bag is 100% perfect. They now have an entire Florentine collection, and I am dying to make my own personal Florentine collection. I absolutely LOVE this bag!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I have a huge Christmas list myself. Unfortunately, unless Santa Claus wins the lottery I am out of luck. Bahaha! Great list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Santa Claus is going to have to seriously luck up for all this! But I'm thankful for anything he might bring me :)

      Delete