Thursday, November 20, 2014

#4thTP... 8 Weeks Postpartum

Pounds gained in pregnancy: 29
Pounds lost since delivery day: 37
To go: 42

Accomplishments & NSVs

GOODBYE, PLATEAU... It's a slow goodbye, but it's making it's way out of my system.
I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight after I've really buckled down on logging calories and measuring portions. I have to be extremely accurate when doing this, but it's so worth it and always works for me.
I can run a mile without stopping again, finally! I've been doing two mile sessions on the treadmill, but I would have to alternate with some walking in there. Since I want to focus more on lifting weights now, I don't plan on running as much, but I will always be a runner! It makes me feel amazing.
NSV (Non-Scale Victory) this week: all of my pre-pregnancy bras are too big and there are gaps between my boobs and the cups. The old saying is true: boobs go first. It's a great excuse to visit Victoria's Secret to be re-measured :)
My favorite pair of black leggings from last winter are so saggy; my husband had to point this out to me while I was cooking one night and couldn't keep them up for anything, so I had to go take a picture. They used to sit really high on me, but they wouldn't stay at or above my bellybutton.
 

Nutrition

Now that I know that cutting calories and measuring portions was the key in getting past my plateau, I'm doing it much more religiously and it's getting easier each day. I've made healthier choices when we go out to eat and even though it's hard sometimes, nothing compares to how accomplished I feel when I leave a restaurant and know that I made smart choices for my body.
We try to cook at home most nights and aside from our burger cookout we had last Friday night, baked or grilled chicken is still our go-to! Since it's so cold though, we also had a soup and grilled cheese night last night and we're planning for a few more of those soon! Give my Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup a try!
 
These stay on my kitchen counter... next to all the baby bottles!

Workouts

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know that I'm getting my workouts in, even if it's 10 o'clock at night. I don't always wear my Polar watch, but I love knowing exactly what I'm burning after a good sweat. If you enjoy working out and want to know more about these watches please don't hesitate to ask me! A girl at my gym saw me wearing mine a few weeks ago and asked me to come to the bathroom with her to make sure she did the belt right (she hadn't--she was new to Polar). These things are great!


 
I'm still following the four-day rotation Eric and Dave made for me, but sometimes I combine them into two-day workouts and alternate every few days. I eventually hope to find a local babysitter to watch Vaught for an hour or so while Eric and I go to the gym together; I'm always more motivated when he's with me.

Goals

The Fourth Trimester Project has gone extremely well. There are four weeks to go in the Project, though my journey will continue far after the 4thTP is over, so I won't do another update until December 18th when I'll be twelve weeks postpartum. By then, I hope to...
*lose another 2% body fat. I have already lost 1% (2% was the goal for November), so I feel sure that I can get there!
*lose 10 pounds, making my total loss since delivery day 47 pounds! This is the ultimate challenge especially during the holidays.
*Begin working on our home gym... This is something new that my husband and I have talked about. After cleaning out the garage during one of Vaught's naps one day (don't ask me what possessed me to do it aside from boredom) we realized that we actually have an extremely spacious garage--enough for some gym equipment of our own. We began talking about the costs and efforts we'd have to put forth in order for us to "build" our own gym in our garage. Realistically, we would just need a bench, bar and weights, and a few sets of dumbbells, plus a large mirror to put on one wall (I have to have a mirror). Eric says a squat rack is necessary, but those get expensive and are hard to find at a bargain. Anyway, we're going to start setting some funds aside to get some equipment and also searching junk stores and garage sales. I think it'd be great if we could both train at home!
*Thanksgiving Day is a week from today, and I still have a goal to stay under 2,000 calories.. yes, I will log on Thanksgiving! Add me on MyFitnessPal: kpace9009
 

Up Next:

I'm working on a review of my Fabletics purchases!!! I'll Instagram when it posts! I love Fabletics!!!

And speaking of Instagram...

Pictures

15 Days vs. 8 Weeks Postpartum
I did a comparison photo of me at 15 days postpartum and me before my workout last night. I showed the side-by-side to Eric and said, "I'm not even going to put this on Instagram... I look the exact same." Despite being about 10 pounds lighter now than then, I could hardly tell a difference in myself. But Eric said, "Are you serious?! I can see a huge difference!" He went on to say that even if the picture doesn't show it that well, he can tell and my family can tell because they've told him. He told me to not be so hard on myself and to keep at it. I know he's right. The picture might not say much, but the way I feel and the way I'm  performing say it all. I train so hard sometimes I just cry. Whatever I'm feeling, I let it out right there at the squat rack or on the treadmill (and no one can tell because I'm sweating like a maniac).  I am trying so hard, and the picture above just kinda put me in a downer because to me, I can't really tell a difference. But in the back of my mind I know Eric is right, and I know that I'm making progress each day that I keep at it. I love the support I receive from my friends when I post a progress picture, but I think that I need to take a step back and realize that I've got all the support I need right here at home. And my motivation for it all is currently napping like an angel in his playyard :)
This maternity tee fit like a glove in the final weeks of pregnancy. Now it's
one of my favorite lounge/workout tops!!!

I wore this outfit to visit Vaught's daycare today... I have
been waiting for TWO years to wear it... I felt fabulous!
 
 
And if you've not tried the Caramel Brulee Latte at Starbucks, you're missing out!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment