Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Kay Wilson Custom Creations

A couple weeks ago, I received an Instagram friend request from a "jewelry account." I visited the page, KayWilsonCreations, and immediately fell in love with what I saw. It sounds so strange and even now I can't quite explain it, but I was just so drawn to her creations! Lots of Aztec/Bohemian/eclectic designs featuring really cool, eye-catching pieces like arrowheads, tassels, tusks, and of course quatrefoils! (I later discovered that Kay is a Phi Mu from Ole Miss as well, so the love for quatrefoils is real!)

I began commenting on photos like crazy!
 "I want this!"
"Send me this!"
"How much is this?!"

And speaking of that last part, one of the most appealing things about Kay's designs: price. Just glancing through some of her designs, I would have guessed the prices would be upwards of $50-$60 per necklace... But her prices are so reasonable, AND she includes shipping in the price!

I knew right away that I had to have these three pieces: two of her beautiful tassel necklaces (seriously obsessed with tassels right now) and a pair of gold quatrefoil earrings (it's a Phi Mu thing).

I emailed her these pictures and asked her to just make one change to the quatrefoil earrings.




She responded almost immediately, and that's when I had the fabulous idea to barter a little (blogger life). "Hey, how bout a small discount in exchange for some publicity?" Win for her business and win for me too!

I'm so glad that Kay was willing to allow me to feature her on my blog and Instagram today in exchange for a discount on her beautiful pieces! She PayPal-ed me the invoice, and I had my jewelry within a couple days! She is absolutely fabulous! Below is a little more about Kay and how she began her jewelry-making business!


"I am a wife and stay-at-home mom (to two precious children, Hannah and Hayden) and thus always trying to find a creative outlet, whether it be art projects with the kids, renovating houses with my husband, or designing and creating jewelry pieces.

When the children were younger I would sew their clothes and had a small monogram/appliqué business from home. Mostly making clothes and baby gifts for friends and family. As my children outgrew the appliqué clothes, I searched to find another way to express myself creatively while being able to make extra income for our family. Jewelry designing has become "my thing". I love creating new pieces and sharing those designs with my friends and family. Currently I am inspired by the natural elements in jewelry making: arrowheads, horns, antler tips, and natural stones and gems. Everything has such a bohemian feel to it right now, which I love!!!

I have had such wonderful feedback from my customers thus far and I can't wait to see what this next adventure holds for me and my family."

I am personally so glad that Kay friended me on Instagram. I absolutely love her pieces and am definitely going to be ordering from her in the future! Visit her Instagram page by clicking here!

LOVE this black tassel necklace Kay created!


My custom jewelry from Kay!

No comments:

Post a Comment