Wednesday, November 2, 2016

10 Lies I'm Going to Stop Telling Myself, Like, Yesterday

1. I look good without makeup. Correction: my skin is much healthier now that I'm taking better care of it, but no, I do not look "good" without makeup. Few people do. I need mascara because my eyelashes are blonde. I need color on my cheeks. I need to even out redness in my face. I need to look alive. And I need makeup to make all this happen.

2. The camera adds ten pounds. No, it doesn't. Fast food and skipping the gym does.

3. I pull for Mississippi State when Ole Miss isn't playing them. No, I don't, and I never will. And I'm not being salty about it because Ole Miss is taking it up the butt pretty good right now too, but I never cheer for our friends in Starkville, not under any circumstance.  Sue me.
**edited to add that I am enjoying watching Dak Prescott kill it with the Cowboys.
Okay, I can be kinda salty sometimes...
                                    
Then I remember this and it's like LOL

4. It's on sale, so I should buy it. Do I need it? Do I have to have it? Is it a necessity? If the answer to any or all of these is "no," put it down and walk away.

5. No one's going to notice if I don't wear a bra. They'll notice. Is it a big deal? No.
More happy about taking off my bra than I was about being drunk.

6. Leggings are pants. Well, this one is debatable and while I'm not the most disgusting creature donning them as britches, I'm sure I've encountered a few people who feel differently. Ima just do me though if you don't mind.

7. I'm gonna eat healthier tomorrow. Either I'm going to make good decisions today or I'm not going to. Period. Get it together, Kate.

8. I need a new pair of Uggs this season. No twenty-six-year-old needs a new pair of Uggs. Leave it to middle schoolers and hungover sorority girls. (Side note: I will most definitely get a new pair of Uggs this fall).

9. It's okay. Nine times out of ten, it is probably not okay, but it's okay.

10. I'm on a budget. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment