Monday, September 26, 2016

26 Things I Learned While Being 25

Technically, I just completed my 26th year of living and am now working to complete my 27th, so don't let this post confuse you (yes, I'm 26 years old).
In no particular order, here are 26 things I learned in my 26th year.


1. Playing with fire gets you burned.
2. There is never a "right time.." For anything.
3. You absolutely must put your family first.
4. Being selfish is okay too.
5. If you hate what you're doing every day, it's imperative that you do something different.
6. People love to talk about what they don't know about.
7. If most people are really skeptical about it, it's probably a good idea.
8. You don't have to agree with everyone, but listen to what they have to say.
9. In America, you can make a career out of being offended.
10. You cannot do the same thing over and over and expect different results.
11. People treat you how they feel about you; listen to them.
12. It is okay to be angry; it is never okay to be cruel.
13. Always have a backup plan.
14. Goals are important. Don't throw them around, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about them. Get a few. Share them. Make them known.
15. Some people just plain suck.
16. Helping others is an amazing way to spend your time.
17. You don't really need the burger and the fries. You'll be just as satisfied with a salad or veggies.
18. Milkshakes make even the worst days a little better.
19. You absolutely have to pay your bills on time.
20. I don't really care who uses what bathroom at Target. I'm going to shop there anyway.
21. We're all a little broken, really.
22. Compassion is a quality in only the best people.
23. You'll never regret that workout you really don't feel like doing.
24. Don't skip your mortgage to buy the bag... Don't do it, Kate.
25. I can handle anything.
26. I'm much stronger than I thought at 25 or 24 or 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment