Friday, August 19, 2016

My Top FIVE Favorite Healthy, Wholesome Snacks!



"Snack" is probably one of my favorite words. I like the way it rolls off the tongue and that the word itself sounds exactly like what it is: something small and simple to hold your rumbling tummy over until the next meal. Being a stay-at-home mom, I am the queen of snacks; at the same time, I can sometimes get a little lazy with putting nutritious, healthy eats together for Vaught and me in between meals. I catch myself pouring sugar-laden cereal in a cup for Vaught, or grabbing some tator tots for him at the drive-thru.

Thankfully, I do have a few of my favorite snacks on hand that are quick yet wholesome and perfectly healthy for busy moms like me--don't worry, they're toddler-approved too!

1. Low Fat String Cheese & Nuts
This protein-packed snack keeps me going, especially in the midst of a long afternoon, when dinner is still a couple hours away. Vaught can eat an entire string of cheese to himself; like me, he loves peeling it off in pieces and eating a little at a time! Almonds are probably my favorite kind of nut, and just a handful of them (remember 1/4 a cup is a serving!) is plenty to keep my tummy satisfied until dinner time!

2. Baby Carrots & Peanut Butter
Even if you swap the carrots for apple slices or celery sticks, this snack is just as good! I love the fiber I'm getting from carrots, combined with the subtle sweetness and protein in peanut butter. It's the perfect combination! And who doesn't love peanut butter?! Sometimes if I need just a little bit more, I'll add half a glass of cold milk to this mini-meal, and it really does hit the spot!



3. Cucumbers & Hummus
I discovered hummus  my sophomore year of college at my sorority house, and the rest is history... I am OBSESSED with hummus and like all kinds, from garlic roasted, to pine nut and spicy hummus! We had a hummus and pita bread bar at my sorority house for lunch every Friday, but now I choose to dip cucumber slices instead of salty, carb-loaded pita bread or chips. 


 

4. Avocado
Ahh! Avocados are probably my favorite food and definitely my favorite fruit! I enjoy these by themselves or with just a dab of salsa on top. I love the creamy, smooth texture of one that's perfectly ripe!

5. Lärabar® Bites and Fruit/Nut Bars
Is there anything better than a healthy, wholesome snack that's conveniently packaged for a busy mom?! I am so grateful to have visited my Sam's Club and discovered these incredible snacks that are perfect for Vaught and I when we're on the go! Lärabar® believes that the foundation of a sound mind, body and spirit is derived from what you eat - and what you eat is most delicious and satisfying when it's in a whole, natural state. Any other moms agree?!


They believe that everyone, no matter who you are, deserves to eat great food. That's why their passion is creating delicious, convenient snacks made from just a few simple ingredients everyone can enjoy.

To this day, the Lärabar team continues to be inspired by Lara’s vision. Their Original Fruit & Nut Food Bars are made with only a few, recognizable ingredients, are minimally processed, and are GMO free.



The Lärabar® Chocolate Macaroon Bites are just as fabulous, made with a few simple ingredients that are healthy for me and, of course, toddler-approved! I love that I am familiar with every one of the simple ingredients that go into Lärabar® Bites and Fruit and Nut Bars!

You can learn more about Lärabar and their products by visiting their website here.

I encourage you to visit your local Sam's Club to stock up on some of the delicious snacks Lärabar has to offer! I am so glad I discovered Lärabar and have made them one of my top favorite snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment