Sunday, January 10, 2016

Christmas with the Paces:::2015

This was one AMAZING Christmas break! In all honesty, it was exactly what I needed after my first semester teaching 6th grade English. I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and revived. I went back to work Monday with a happy face and bright smile. No, I don't feel like teaching is the career I'm going to retire from, but I'm focusing on the here and now, and now I've got babies who need me, and I'm going to do my best for them!

Can you tell I've been doing a little bit of yoga and meditation over the break? :)

Unlike other holiday breaks, this one was actually long and enjoyed to the fullest extent. I read a couple new books, took naps, went shopping, sat at Starbucks for hours, took naps, ate good food, took naps... Did I mention I took some naps?

This blog post is about to be a total "photo dump," so get ready! I will try to keep everything in order as best as possible!

Our first family Christmas event was Sunday, December 20th, at my Grandmother Eva's house. This is the gathering for my mom's side of the family. We had so much fun!


 
That Monday, my best friend Jaymo and I went Christmas shopping. We have a new Tanger outlet mall in Southaven, and we had so much fun shopping and exploring. I always love spending time with Jaymo... She's been my best friend since my eleventh grade year of high school.
 
Tuesday, December 22nd, we met up with my older sister for brunch at iHop.


Then Eric and I had to make another trip to the Tanger outlet to return a pair of shoes I'd bought him from the Nike store. They were a size 15 and were too small... Did I mention my husband wears a size 16 shoe?
 
Even though I'd just been over there the day before with Jaymo, I had fun walking around a little more with my husband. We bought a couple more gifts for family, and he gladly held our bags while we explored. What a sweet one I have!

Christmas Eve began with a brunch at Eric's dad and stepmother's house in New Albany, Mississippi. We played Dirty Santa after and had so much fun! I was thrilled to "steal" a plate of fresh fruit during the game!



Vaught met his new cousin Grace and was not a fan!

 
 
We hadn't planned on going to the "Cooper Family Christmas"per travelling arrangements over the holidays, but we ended up in Potts Camp at my Granddaddy's house Christmas Eve night. I'm so glad we went; I enjoyed seeing my dad's side of the family and visiting with everyone.

This photo is my and Audrey Anna's tradition every single year!
We returned home to Olive Branch and woke up Christmas morning so Vaught could "do Santa." He really didn't understand what was going on, but he enjoyed his new car and rocking horse from his grandparents in Virgnia!

We then returned to Potts Camp to my parents' house for our big Christmas Day brunch! We opened presents with them and spent most of the day there.

Eric's mom and stepdad got us new cookware: OMG!



Vaught picked out gifts for my mom and dad at daycare.

I know the photo above probably has you going WTF?! but it's a Christmas tradition my brother started years ago. At some point a long time ago, he discovered that the daddy reindeer can "mount" the mama reindeer, so every year when my  mom pulls these out, he takes them and puts them in a new location (typically somewhere where everyone will see them) and poses them like this. This year she caught him in the act and tried to take the reindeer away, but he got away from her and set them up in the living room!

Christmas night was so peaceful. Vaught was worn out and went to bed early, so I enjoyed coffee and a book on the couch.
 
I jump-started healthy eating again the next day with fresh fruit and almond butter for breakfast. I definitely had not been counting calories all week!
 
On Wednesday night of the next week, I met Audrey Anna in New Albany to exchange our gifts. She got me an adorable coffee mug from Starbucks and a Colorado Chick beanie! I'd been wanting one for two months!

And did I work out over the break? HA! Like, three times! I did go on a couple of good runs, but I regret not working out more! Even still, my total Christmas weight gain was just over three pounds, which I've since lost, so I ain't even worried about it.

 
 
Two more significant things happened over the break: Ole Miss won the AllState Sugar Bowl, and I became an Independent Distributor for ItWorks Global. Both of these things made my Christmas break that much better! I have loved working for ItWorks! so far. I've already signed several loyal customers and am signing more each week! ItWorks products helped me shed 30 pounds and get over that  weight loss plateau I hit last year. Please message me if you're interested in learning more!
 
 
The words in the photo above ring so true to me right now. Although things at my job as a teacher are a little iffy, I am loving being a part of a company that is quickly changing lives. I can already see many positive ways that it's changing me. I'm waking up with a new fire and passion; I have goals I want to accomplish, and ItWorks is helping me do that, while having fun in the process!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post again; I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for a post on my first DREAM BOARD PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment