Saturday, December 2, 2017

27 Things to Know

It seems like I did this post two years in a row on my birthday (September 18th)... If I didn't, I certainly should have.

I'm nearly three months late, but here's 27 things to know about me in my 27th year of living.


1. I love to clean but only out of my own accord (translation: don't ask me to clean). I love how good I feel and how great my house looks (for about 10 minutes) when I'm done.

2. I love the smell of tea tree, but I'm highly allergic to the actual oil.

3. I am also allergic to latex, and everyone always loves asking me how I made this discovery.

4. I'm a human spell-check.

5. I could eat cereal for every meal and never tire of it.

6. I have met and gotten a book signed by Patton Oswalt (voice of Remy in Ratatouille, also starred in "The King of Queens").


7. I prefer appetizers over desserts.

8 .Since 2016, I have followed BYU Cougarette Dance Team on all of their social  media channels. I also watch (and rewatch and rewatch) every single dance video they post to their YouTube account.


9. I've published poetry in 3 different books.

10. I can't stand the sight or sound of someone licking their fingers.

11. I've developed an enormous distaste for buffet-style restaurants and no longer eat at them.

12. I have a stellar memory for things people wear. I can't tell you what gifts I received on all of my birthdays, but I can tell you what I and everyone else was wearing at my birthday parties as far back as age 10.

13. I'm bad luck with vacuum cleaners and have broken at least 6 in the past 4 years.

14. I never wear a matching pair of socks.

15. I love to cook and bake!



16. If I had to become a die-hard fan of any other SEC school, it would be Tennessee.



17. The night I gave birth to my son, I watched college football on the delivery room TV in between pushes.

18. It took me 3 years to earn a four year bachelor's degree. It took me four years to earn a two-year Master's degree (#becauselife).

19. If I could live anywhere else in the U.S., I'd settle for Charleston, SC.


20. I don't plan on having more children, but I'm open to adopting an American child in the future, if it's the Lord's will.

21. If I could give myself a new talent or skill, it would be home design/decorating. I am no good at that, but I wish I was! Joanna Gaines is everything I wish I could be when it comes to home décor style!



22. I sang our national anthem at an event in middle school and because I got so emotional during the song, I never did it again. #Murica

23. Coffee does absolutely nothing for me except taste amazing--unless it's our Keto Coffee of course haha!

24. I'm a sucker for good conversation.

25. I get my eyelashes filled with extensions every two weeks because I hate mascara and refuse to wear it.

26. At some point in my life, I want to create a habit of spending every Thanksgiving morning volunteering by serving a meal to families in need. (I'm ashamed to say that I have not made this opportunity a priority yet, but it's a passion I hope to ignite next year)!

27. Nothing is as relaxing to me as a Friday night at my desk with my laptop, notepad, and a cup of coffee... Kinda like right now :)

Have an amazing week/weekend, you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment