Monday, February 13, 2017

My Answers to Five of Your Questions

1. What's your Starbucks order?
Two options.
One: tall iced coffee, sweetened, with half and half.
Two: tall latte, extra hot, made with whole milk, add whip on top.


2. What's your go-to workout in thirty minutes or less?
HIIT for sure (High Intensity Interval Training). This is the best way to get your heart rate pumping and body sweating and burning calories fast. I do this by walking, jogging, then sprinting in intervals on the treadmill, utilizing the incline as well, or by using my own body weight for squats, lunges, and pushups, then throwing in some high knees, mountain climbers, and jumping jacks!


3. Where do you get your recipes/snack ideas?
PINTEREST all day! But I definitely tweak almost all of them to my liking. I try to eat low carb, so that  means lots of lean meat and veggies and cheeeeeese, y'all! I love that I can have almost as much cheese as I desire--almost! As far as snacking, I'm a sucker for anything salty with a crunch, so it's sometimes difficult to get my snack fix when I'm really craving chips! I'm crazy about Triscuits (6 crackers = about 21 grams of carbs) and a Laughing Cow Swiss cheese wedge or 2 cups of SmartPop (7g carbs). And of course I love some peanut butter with carrot or celery sticks or apple slices!


4. How do you balance a healthy lifestyle with family life/motherhood?
I have two very understanding, loving, supportive men in my life in Vaught and Eric. Eric understands my need to be fit and healthy for our family, while Vaught reaps all the benefits of having a mama who can keep up with him and keep her sanity because I'm putting in the time and effort to take care of myself as well as him. I understand that every mother's circumstances differ, but even if I were still working full time, I would take strides to have those 3 hours a week to myself at the gym. I would still treat myself to a bubble bath once a week, a mani/pedi once a month or so... That was important to me even before we started a family and is important to me now. I do have my days when I just want to stay under the covers. I have days when I feel like I'm not doing a good job, but those days are rare and they usually pass rather quickly! I never thought I would look or feel this healthy as a mom at twenty-six!

5. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
It was once Cinderella; I liked that she wore a blue ballgown instead of pink. Then it was Belle because of her love for books. Now that I think about it, Mulan isn't my favorite princess, but she's such a badass; she chopped off her hair and taped her boobs so she could fight for her dad in the Japanese army. The one Disney princess I can't seem to ever let go of, though, is Pocahontas. I always thought she was the most diverse and most beautiful. Plus, she's pretty bad ass too! I watched that movie over and over as a little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment