Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Very Berry Smoothie Recipe

So, I'm sure you all were fascinated by my budget entry I posted last week. One thing I realized while looking at my budget is that I was charging an extra $20-$30/month at my gym from charging one of their delicious smoothies to my account nearly every time I worked out. Back at the end of May, I bought a blender and was obsessed with it... for about an hour! Then I just went back to buying them from my gym. After analyzing our budget though, I've decided to get back into making my own, which I really did love in the first place; I love to create new things!

So, I've begun using a chocolate whey powder called Lean MR by dotFit-- visit their site full of amazing fitness products-- and putting it into all of my smoothies as meal replacement, which is a convenient, healthy way to maintain or lose weight!

This is a smoothie I created Friday evening using frozen mixed berries from DOLLAR TREE!! If you live near a Dollar Tree store, please go visit their frozen food section! I was amazed!!

You'll Need:

1/2 Cup of mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
1 Cup of Almond Milk or 1% milk (I use almond milk when I want to save some calories)
5 ice cubes
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (and I'm sure it's just as good if not better with vanilla protein powder). Like mentioned above, I am currently using Lean MR by dotFit.
1 teaspoon of sugar or your choice of sweetener
1 tablespoon of non fat vanilla yogurt

Combine all in a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds. I also put it on the ice grater setting for a few seconds. You can add more ice for more of a milkshake effect!

I kid you not though, this smoothie tasted as good as it looks!!! My husband was very impressed too!!

 


Very Berry Smoothie--and I am sorry it's sideways!!
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment