Sunday, October 27, 2013

Strawberry-Banana Pancake Recipe

Strawberry-Banana Pancakes...

I've tried to write out this recipe before, and I feel like it's always an epic fail because I realize that I am my mother after all: I do not measure!!

The point of these pancakes is to eliminate some of the processed, instant pancake mix that I typically use for a pancake breakfast. I have tried homemade mixes before, following the recipes veryyyy carefully, but somehow it's always a disaster. So, instant mix it is and will be! 
But at least I have created a way to make instant mix somewhat healthy!

What you'll need:
2 heaping tablespoons of instant pancake/waffle mix (extra fluffy)!
1/8
1 whole medium banana
4 strawberries (cut into small pieces)
Just a splash of milk (see, I don't measure!) And I use 1%. Don't even get me started on the whole "YOU SHOULD USE ALMOND/SOY MILK" bullshit. No. 

Combine water and pancake mix into a bowl. Determine whether or not you need more water. If it's too runny, don't add more mix. The banana will usually fix this!! With a spoon (and I usually do this in a teacup), mash up the banana as if you were going to feed it to a baby. Spoon it into the pancake mix. Next, add the chopped up strawberries (you can also puree these, but it takes a little more time, and I was pressed for time this AM!) Mix this all up, then if you so desire, add your splash of milk. Even when I feel like I don't really "need" it, I just like the moisture it adds to the pancakes! 
Proceed in making pancakes in a skillet as usual! Yes, it's that easy!! And soooo good! 
I realize that not everyone will love this recipe: case in point, my dad and brother REFUSED to try these when I tried to make them at home once. But still... I'm not a parent, so I don't know about stubborn children, but if you have picky eaters who love pancakes, this is a great way to get them to eat some fruit!! Strawberry-Banana Pancakes make me look forward to Sunday morning cooking!! I ate mine this morning with 3 eggs (one whole egg, 2 egg whites) and 2 slices of low sodium bacon. 


Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment